HEALTH, SAFETY & WELFARE
The Mickleover Gymnastics members’ health and safety is of paramount importance, the club strives to ensure that all are protected and kept safe from harm whilst participating in gymnastics and trampolining activities.
As parents / carers, you are responsible for the safety of your child until they have actually entered the gym for their session. Please wait for the class teacher to call the gymnasts in before leaving your child unattended. Pick up is from the blue lines outside and you must come to the door to collect your child.
We do not have a designated viewing gallery inside the gym, however we do run specific days and/or sessions throughout the year where parents are able to see the progress of their child. Please contact us if you would like to arrange a tour of the gym prior to starting classes.
All coaches have been screened by the criminal records bureau and have a current DBS check.
We do not advise any jewellery to be worn during gymnastics or trampoline sessions. Please be aware if you decide to send your child to a session with earrings then they MUST be taped up to avoid injury to themselves and others. The club does not provide tape for earrings, so please be aware if your child turns up for their session with earrings in which they cannot take out, they will be asked to sit out of the session or you may be contacted to pick up your child.
We do not permit gymnasts to use mobile phones whilst in the gym. Any phone that enters the gym must be put away for the duration of the session. Any child caught using their mobile phone during a session will have their phone confiscated until home time.
Complaints / Grievances
If you have a complaint or concern about a gymnast or member of staff , it is advised that you follow these 3 steps:
- Speak to the session coach at an appropriate time (at the beginning or end of a session) or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to request a suitable time to discuss. Most issues raised are usually solved by a simple discussion with the coach.
- If you are still unhappy with the outcome, and feel you need to raise the issue further you can put your complaint, in writing and email to the Head Coach/Club Manager at email@example.com where you should receive a response within 10 working days.
3. After correspondence with the Head Coach/Club Manager, you are still dissatisfied with the outcome you can contact the Safeguarding team at IGA (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will respond swiftly and confidentially on a strictly need to know basis according to governing body guidelines.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A compulsory annual club membership and insurance with governing body fee must be paid upon joining the club & subsequently by the 30th September each year. Membership and insurance fees are non-refundable.
- The relevant gymnastics fees must be paid as requested before your child will be accepted into activity. Non-payment may result in your child losing their place at the club.
- Full time cancellation policy: 1 months written notice with notice period fees paid in full.
- Term time cancellation policy: term-fees are non-refundable.
- The club reserves the right to charge a reasonable administration fee for late payments.
- In the rare event of a session being cancelled, an alternative session will be offered as a replacement.
- It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to ensure their child arrives on time for the warm up at the beginning of each session, being more than 10 minutes late may result in not being able to enter the gym.
- Jewellery is not permitted. The club does not provide tape for stud earrings. Long hair must be tied back.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted inside the gym.
- The club accepts no responsibility for personal items lost.